I have not been living the thankful life the past few days. I have been living the what if and the why me life. Wanting my circumstances to be different, wanting my muffin to be typical developing instead of you know..not. Wanting my babies at home during the day instead of, you know...not. Wanting to understand where God is leading me next instead of, you know...not.
Where does this questioning get me...really? Just leaves me in tears and a bitter taste in my mouth and so of all mornings, I need to be thankful, showing gratitude, praying for a list, hopeful to see what appears in print, seeking some joy, turning from the dark, from the hurt, from the unknown....and just trusting.
I am grateful...
66. My muffin loves her big girl school and that she can say "big girl school".
67. My husband listens to my heart...and does not judge it to be right or wrong...just listens.
68. For butterflies...my babes and I love spotting them.
69. For the rainbow in the sky last Friday...felt like a hug from my Jesus.
70. For provision of friends, listening ears and hugs needed.
71. For new challenges...
72. For the mommy-daughter date my older muffin and I had last week, she is growing so fast.
73. For big kisses and good night songs.
74. For breezes on my face.
75. For the gift of mercy and grace...where would I be without it?
76. For opportunities to give back to others, because so much has been given to me.
77. For second chances, forgiveness, and divine love.
78. For laughter....the kind that makes your face hurt.
Ann Voscamp over at Holy Experience blesses me daily. I'm thankful for her too! May I embrace the extraordinary today.
I have not been very thankful myself lately. I really like your idea of the list it brings into perspective all that we should be thankful for and how much we already have.
ReplyDeleteI also have not been as thankful lately as I should. I've been reflecting too much on all the struggles we've had lately.
ReplyDeleteI just found your reply on my blog today. Your words really really touched me and was exactly what I was needing. Thank you so much!
I'd still love to send you the clips even if she only wears them sometimes. :) You can email me your shipping address at mommytalkhost@yahoo.com and if you want to be sure I'm legit first you can look me up on Facebook under Twinklebaby Boutique and Twinkle Baby Boutique. :)