I am deeply convicted by this realization.
There was a time in life, when asked about masks...I would have responded...throw them out, burn them (along with the boxes you have placed yourself in), but now....I have re-accumulated quite a few. How did I get such a vast wardrobe of fake? How did I get here?
Don't mishear me...for most of my life I owned a huge box filled with many false masks...some ugly...some beautiful....but...false....ALL OF THEM!
But Christ took me to a place (both literal and figuratively speaking) where He set me free from all of that....burned them....and the box. The butterfly was set free.
So why create new ones? Why climb back in the cocoon?
Searching...pondering...why....FEAR. It is the only thing that makes us create a mask or build a box. FEAR. Fear of what others will think, fear that we will be rejected, fear of the unknown, fear ...that God does not really care.....FEAR.
If we wear the mask (the right one), no one will ever know....but we know...and He knows.
Fear cripples, fear kills....and I....I want to live! Really live....so it is time to build a bonfire...get on my face before my Saviour and ask Him to help me out of this cocoon.... again....I want to fly again....
Live each moment, love strong....without fear of ANYTHING. The beauty Christ fashions in my heart is the only wardrobe I need. I am grateful for His mercy...I am grateful....

Grace....Mercy....the option of living without a mask....kindness....love....Autumn is slowly arriving....sweet, precious moments with my family...little girls learning to swim and so proud of themselves....praises to our King for His faithfulness. Faith, not fear......
Counting along with you ... As always a joy to splash in thankfulness all around.
ReplyDeleteSplashin,
Sara
This is profound -- how we create new masks in an attempt to protect ourselves...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thankfulness.