This week brings with it the one year anniversary of Kenzie's diagnose. On Wednesday, one year ago... I heard the word Autism fall out of a neurologist's mouth. My world was forever changed. On that day, as I spoke of in an older post, I felt like I was in the midst of a storm....and I was. On that day and many since, God in His sovereign grace reminded me of the conversation between Christ and his disciples when they were in a storm on a lake...."where is your faith?"
Where is your faith, Cherie? Have I not always been faithful? Will I stop being faithful now? The rain fell outside my car that day as the tears fell down my checks...Kenzie was happily playing in her car seat. I was falling apart...I was questioning why...I was wondering...was it something I had done...or....not done?
I so wanted to change it all for her...
still do some days....
A year has passed...she is talking....saying no ...a bit to much for my taste...but talking!
God has remained faithful...just as HE promised...and her therapy has been provided for each month!
We have an awesome support team, made up of family and friends who love her and our family and lift us in prayer often...who help when they can and some even have expertise in the Autism field...that is so God!!
I have learned alot about myself and alot about my Jesus.....He never gives up on me...even when I feel hopeless...He will never see Kenz as different or an outcast...to Him she is what she is...beautiful and precious!! A treasure!! I have learned to lean on Him...not my skills or understanding.
I am stronger and gentler....I am a better woman, a better wife, and a better mom.
I may never have a full understanding of why God, in His sovereignty, allowed this path for our family, but I know we are all better...stronger....because of this path.....for that I say thank you.
Along with this anniversary...one day later comes the birthday of our sweet Princess....our baby will be four!!!
I am one blessed mommy....both of my babies bring me such joy and I am daily thankful for them.
Kenzie is full of energy and can sing like a bird. She loves rhythm and when she dances she says, "look, mommy, I dancing!" She is tenacious about the things she loves and she often tells us about those passions....;)!
She has worked so hard with her therapist and teachers and us and is using full sentences, writing her name with some assistance, knows all her letters and sounds, and counts objects to 20!!! I am a bit proud of her, if you cannot tell!!
I did not plan autism for her, I certainly did not dream it for her...in fact I feared the disorder and would not speak of it....
as if!!!
But our plans are not always HIS plans ... Kenzie always says Jeremiah 29:11 each night before sleep (along with the other three verses she is currently working on). It always reminds me that His plans are always better...even if we don't understand.
Kenzie, baby we LOVE you more than I could ever explain in a blog post....we love you just the way God created you....we love your spirit and the way you give great hugs and kisses
....we love how you love your big sister...and how you always say your Bible verse before going to sleep. We love that you are a girly girl, who often insists on wearing a "pretty dress".
We love the Miracle that you are....Happy Birthday my sweet, precious little girl and thank you God for allowing us to raise this beautiful child. Thank you.
Where is your faith, Cherie? Have I not always been faithful? Will I stop being faithful now? The rain fell outside my car that day as the tears fell down my checks...Kenzie was happily playing in her car seat. I was falling apart...I was questioning why...I was wondering...was it something I had done...or....not done?
I so wanted to change it all for her...
still do some days....
A year has passed...she is talking....saying no ...a bit to much for my taste...but talking!
God has remained faithful...just as HE promised...and her therapy has been provided for each month!
We have an awesome support team, made up of family and friends who love her and our family and lift us in prayer often...who help when they can and some even have expertise in the Autism field...that is so God!!
I have learned alot about myself and alot about my Jesus.....He never gives up on me...even when I feel hopeless...He will never see Kenz as different or an outcast...to Him she is what she is...beautiful and precious!! A treasure!! I have learned to lean on Him...not my skills or understanding.
I am stronger and gentler....I am a better woman, a better wife, and a better mom.
I may never have a full understanding of why God, in His sovereignty, allowed this path for our family, but I know we are all better...stronger....because of this path.....for that I say thank you.
Along with this anniversary...one day later comes the birthday of our sweet Princess....our baby will be four!!!
I am one blessed mommy....both of my babies bring me such joy and I am daily thankful for them.
Kenzie is full of energy and can sing like a bird. She loves rhythm and when she dances she says, "look, mommy, I dancing!" She is tenacious about the things she loves and she often tells us about those passions....;)!
She has worked so hard with her therapist and teachers and us and is using full sentences, writing her name with some assistance, knows all her letters and sounds, and counts objects to 20!!! I am a bit proud of her, if you cannot tell!!
I did not plan autism for her, I certainly did not dream it for her...in fact I feared the disorder and would not speak of it....
as if!!!
But our plans are not always HIS plans ... Kenzie always says Jeremiah 29:11 each night before sleep (along with the other three verses she is currently working on). It always reminds me that His plans are always better...even if we don't understand.
Kenzie, baby we LOVE you more than I could ever explain in a blog post....we love you just the way God created you....we love your spirit and the way you give great hugs and kisses
....we love how you love your big sister...and how you always say your Bible verse before going to sleep. We love that you are a girly girl, who often insists on wearing a "pretty dress".
We love the Miracle that you are....Happy Birthday my sweet, precious little girl and thank you God for allowing us to raise this beautiful child. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment