Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Riding in the Car with God....

I tend to busy myself when I am feeling ANY intense emotion, so often during those times I will feel the need to go for a drive by myself...just to slow the activity down. It is during those car rides that God usually shows up to "show off".
Last Sunday was a perfect example of this; I had a sick little girl (though I keep wanting to call her a baby...guess at three she has left that stage behind...)at home and had spent the majority of the morning cleaning up sickness and holding sweetness.
After church I needed a break and we needed some comfort items, so after everyone was down for naps, I left Bill in charge and headed off to the store. I put Mandisa in and turned her up LOUD, because, well...that is how Mandisa should be listened to...right?!
Then of course, the enemy attacked reminding me how impossible all this therapy stuff would be, how this is not fair, etc...you know...LIES. I was listening to the lies, feeling hopeless, and crying. Then the song, God Speaking came on and God used it to speak straight to my heart. The lyrics, "do you find yourself bond up in fear...who knows if He is using it to show you He is enough.....and He loves you"
WOW! KNEW IT! NEEDED THE REMINDER!
God assured me He had it all under control, knew that too...just needed the reminder (again) and just to prove HIS point, later that day, provision was given in a very unexpected way. God has it under control and I JUST NEED TO FOCUS ON THAT!
It is amazing the things God will speak to our hearts if we are still long enough...things like:
"You are loved... embrace that, live it, dance it; live and be what you say you are...MINE."
Yes, riding in cars with God can be challenging to your sin and doubt and be just what your heart needs.

"These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1Peter 1:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment